Volunteers play an integral role in furthering the mission of Outside the Lens and enhancing our programs that engage youth to use digital media to create change. By contributing their time and skills, volunteers positively impact the lives of at-risk youth by promoting digital literacy through our programs. Thank you for your interest in Outside the Lens.
How to Become a Volunteer
- Find an opportunity that is right for you. It is important to find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and availability. Please review our current list of Volunteer Opportunities below to decide which is right for you.
- Apply. You can apply to volunteer online by completing the form or turning a physical copy to our office. Applications must be completed entirely and can be submitted to email@example.com.
- Interview. Once you submit your application, our volunteer coordinator will contact you to set up a brief phone interview. We want to determine if your interests and abilities are an appropriate fit for our volunteer opportunities at that time. An additional interview with staff may be necessary for positions requiring a specific level of proficiency.
- Complete paperwork. Due to the nature of our work, all volunteers are required to complete a criminal background check as well as a TB only if you are working directly with youth. OTL also requires volunteers to complete volunteer agreement forms detailing mutual agreements between the volunteer and our organization.
- Attend orientation and training. OTL will do everything possible to provide you with the necessary training, materials, and information to be successful in your volunteer position. We want to ensure that volunteers have a positive experience with us.
- Get started. We hope that all volunteers enjoy working with OTL. Any feedback and input from volunteers is valuable for us to continually improve our program.
Contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Check out our current volunteering opportunities:
- Communication Associate
- Event Planner
- Media Specialist
- Multimedia Assistant
- Special Events
- Special Projects
Download the OTL Volunteer Application or apply below!
Interested in an internship opportunity instead? Check out our internship page here!