Our teacher training offers hands-on seminars that effectively train classroom teachers, after-school site leaders or county employees to incorporate 21st century skills into their programs. Our targeted workshops provide tools, curriculum access to OTL tested projects and an online teacher portal for support. You’ll be amazed how your staff starts to incorporate STEAM into their classroom, or how you have easily enticed instructors to finally open their laptop cart.
Ensure your staff is ready to engage youth with photography, videography or computer-based programs with our one-of-a-kind workshops; it's a unique way to train. Choose from many topics, all aligned to common core standards and a number of workshop lengths, from 2 hours to 3 days.
Teachers will walk away with OTL curriculum and access to an
online portal for support, giving them the tools and long-range approach they need. This ongoing reinforcement provides teachers with new materials annually and has proven to be a lasting investment year after year.
Interested in learning about rethinking media education from an OTL digital consultant, trainer or coach with real-world experience?
Speak to one of our staff now about promoting confidence in digital media applications—for educators ranging in experience, from novice to expert.
UPCOMING CREATIVE EDUCATORS WORKSHOPS
Are you interested in utilizing digital media to engage your students and enhance their learning experience? Would you like to learn more about using cameras to build your students' social-emotional and 21st century skill sets?
Join Outside the Lens at our Media Lab for our FREE Creative Educator Workshops - fun sessions of creative community exchange that provide teachers with tips and resources for incorporating photography and digital media into their K - 12th grade classrooms. The theme of our upcoming workshop series is "Global Citizens, Connected Students".
Workshop #1: Here & There will take place on Saturday, November 17 from 10 AM - 12 PM.
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain access to OTL's "Here I Am" curriculum, which engages students in collaboration and self-reflection through poetry and portraiture
- Learn more about opportunities for cross-cultural exchange & how to connect your classroom with one abroad
- Register Here
Check back regularly for information regarding workshops #2 and #3!
Workshops are Free for San Diego County Educators! Location: Outside the Lens Media Lab + Gallery at Liberty Station (map)
- In-school and after school programs for students in grades K-12
- Teacher training programs
- Evening and weekend workshops for teens and adults at our Liberty Station Media Lab + Gallery
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- Tips and tricks to get the most out of your digital camera and take better photos
- Strategies for how to use cameras in the K-12 classroom to engage students, enhance learning, and build 21st Century Skills
- Free, user friendly Web applications to edit, manage and display student work