Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Outside the Lens! Volunteers play an integral role in furthering our mission and enhancing our programs. By contributing their time and expertise, volunteers positively impact our organization and the lives of at-risk and underserved youth.
How to Become a Volunteer:
- Find an opportunity that is right for you. It is important to find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and availability. Please review our current list of Volunteer Opportunities below to decide which is right for you.
- Apply. You can apply to be a volunteer by completing this form.
- If interested in volunteering THIS SUMMER please complete this form.
- Interview. Once you submit your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to set up a brief phone interview to determine if your interests and abilities are an appropriate fit for our available volunteer opportunities. An additional interview with staff may be necessary for positions requiring a specific level of proficiency.
- Complete paperwork. Due to the nature of our work, all volunteers working directly with youth are required to complete a criminal background check and a TB test with some school sites. OTL also requires volunteers to complete a volunteer agreement packet detailing mutual agreements between the volunteer and our organization.
- Attend orientation and training. OTL will do everything possible to provide you with the necessary on-site training, materials and information to be successful in your volunteer position. We want to ensure that volunteers have a positive experience with us!
- Get started. OTL loves our volunteers! Any feedback and input from volunteers is valuable for us to continually improve our program. Our positive and program-oriented work environment is sure to be a great fit.
Feel free to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.