Our teacher training offers hands-on seminars that effectively train classroom teachers, after-school site leaders or county employees to incorporate 21st century skills into their programs. Our targeted workshops provide tools, curriculum access to OTL tested projects and an online teacher portal for support. You’ll be amazed how your staff starts to incorporate STEAM into their classroom, or how you have easily enticed instructors to finally open their laptop cart.
Ensure your staff is ready to engage youth with photography, videography or computer-based programs with our one-of-a-kind workshops; it's a unique way to train. Choose from many topics, all aligned to common core standards and a number of workshop lengths, from 2 hours to 3 days.
Teachers will walk away with OTL curriculum and access to an
online portal for support, giving them the tools and long-range approach they need. This ongoing reinforcement provides teachers with new materials annually and has proven to be a lasting investment year after year.
Interested in learning about rethinking media education from an OTL digital consultant, trainer or coach with real-world experience?
Speak to one of our staff now about promoting confidence in digital media applications—for educators ranging in experience, from novice to expert.
UPCOMING CREATIVE EDUCATORS WORKSHOPS We offer FREE Creative Educators Workshops-- fun nights of creative community exchange, technical tools, and lesson resources for educators interested in art and photography! Learn how to adapt lessons and technology in your classroom to engage and enhance your student's learning experience.
Check back soon for information about our next Creative Educators Workshop.
Workshops are Free for San Diego County Educators!
Location: Outside the Lens Media Lab + Gallery at Liberty Station (map)
- In-school and after school programs for students in grades K-12
- Teacher training programs
- Evening and weekend workshops for teens and adults at our Liberty Station Media Lab + Gallery
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- Tips and tricks to get the most out of your digital camera and take better photos
- Strategies for how to use cameras in the K-12 classroom to engage students, enhance learning, and build 21st Century Skills
- Free, user friendly Web applications to edit, manage and display student work